Thursday, August 9, 2012

Eat Healthy, Workout, Die Anyways...

Or, eat, don't care, die anyways. Oh life. Don'tchya love it?

So, this post today is gonna be about body bashing. Such a terrible thing.

Don't get me wrong now, this DOES NOT mean that I have to eat fruits and veggies everyday. Hecckkkk no.

Psht, last night I got a cookie jar sundae at Friendly's. Uh, YUM? 

WOOO! Starting at the beginning of this year, I told myself I would stop stuffing my face with chocolate ding dongs and move my body a little more. I was tired of the fat, the feeling of crappiness after EVERYTHING I ate.

But does this mean I became anroexic? HECK. NO. I love food too much <3

Society these days has made girls SO afraid to gain weight or have curves, it's just disgusting. Marilyn Monroe for example- she was not a skinny twig; she loved her body. This is why I admire her. 

So anyways, I started hitting the gym and eating smaller portions. Well, when I moved here, to Vermont, things got put on hold for about a month. Between going out to dinnner every night and eating whatever, I gained TEN pounds!

Then I thought whoa there, this isn't healthy Lyndsey. I can do better.

So I changed once again. I found this AMAZING website, My Fitness Pal, and got on track. I started keeping a journal of what I eat/how I exercise and waalaa, today I lost my first 2 pounds! :))

I do not want to be some skinny twig, don't get me wrong. Fit is the new sexy.

You girls who can eat whatever you want, when you want; LUCKY YOU! :P

But for us, who want to feel happy with our bodies; i'm here for ya ladies.

Or if you'd like to get YOUR life on track, i'm glad to help :)

If you'd like to join me on this wonderful journey, some tips:

GET A MY FITNESS PAL. It is amazing, and totallyyy free!

Start moving. I am on the Couch 2 5K program; & I never thought I could run. EVER. Now i'm almost done, running 9 minutes on incline and not dying!

Look into smaller portions- yeah, I know, potato chips are freakin' good. But is the taste really worth the fat thats gonna last? Instead, count how many you're having- and only eating the serving size, rather than a whole bag.

Healthy eating doesn't have to be gross- trust me, I LOVE FOOD. LOVE IT. 

If I get some requests, I'll jot down a few quick recipes/food I love (psht, I can't cook, so you know they're easy...)

Pinterest is a great motivator!

So alll in all, YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL. ALL OF YOU. 

And i'm here for anyone who wants to talk- because I understand how hard it is when you feel like no body wants you anymore and you're not good enough. 

Until later,

-Lynds xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment